Saint Mary, Missouri
100% full Not resolved

After a plumber charged me $160 to tell me the MOEN cartridge did not fix my leak & I would have to replace both bathroom faucets (for another service call $$$) I found the 'lifetime warranty' papers for all the MOEN faucets in my home. Granted, the serviceman should have informed me that MOEN had a lifetime warranty on their faucets and not charged me for the cartridge, but it was too late then. I called MOEN & MOEN did send out new faucets (they warned me they were slightly different,... more rounded.) I took plumbing lessons & did the install myself. I kept thinking I must have gotten something wrong. Had several people look at it before I realized the problem.

I made the call to MOEN (Tuesday) & explained the problem. I told him that the faucets were pre-assembled & looked like the photo on the box (pointer on bottom) but the pointer would point at the cold when the handle is turned to the left (hot.) The service rep told me not to go by the photo on the box. He said the picture on the instructions was correct (the pointer on the one-handled faucet should be on top.) End of that conversation (I think it was their closing time.)

Next day (Wednesday) I called back. I said there's no way (& sent pictures to prove it) the handle can be turned around 180 degrees since the set screw is offset & has a 'U' shaped slot. Actually it could, but would look absolutely ridiculous. After reviewing the photos, 'Brandon'-the Wednesday service rep, said the photo on the instructions was from an older model & to go by the photo on the box. After my suggesting there's a HUGE DESIGN FLAW in that scenario, Brandon kept insisting the faucet was assembled correctly. (The picture on the box showed a different hot & cold cap than the one I had. And unlike Brandon's condescending comment of, 'That's why we put the 'H' and 'C' on the handle',... there IS no 'H' and 'C' on this faucet handle.) I'm not happy.

Review about: Bathroom Faucet.

I liked: Replacement idea.

I didn't like: Service after the replacement.

2.5
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Replacement has HUGE design flaw. / $300
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Moen?

Comments

I've had a dripping Moen single lever kitchen faucet where the handle had loosened up by the third year of a 10 year warranty.Now it has to be turned to a extremely precise location to turn it off.

This too is a useless single cartridge.

Then the handle mechanism and seal are loose or leak.To top it off the plumber didn't install cut off valves when he installed this faucet so now I must do the work of the plumber replacing a defective product and doing someone else's job that should've been done right years ago.

Moen single lever kitchen faucets do not last!